Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Not So Perfect Wedding

OK, it's true that not every wedding runs as smooth as silk. Back when I was photographing for Uncle Otto, before Curtis Rhodes Photography and A Perfect Little Wedding, before I was a full time Seattle Wedding Officiant even...way back when...I was assigned to a very elegant Bellevue wedding. When I arrived at the church I knew this was going to be a fancy event. The flowers were sensational, the church was dripping in beautiful arrangements and the corsages and Bouquets were the most unique I had ever seen. The Bride was from Texas (must have been oil money!) tall, brassy and beautiful. The Groom hadn't yet arrived and everyone was waiting, and waiting and waiting. Nerves were beginning to become a little frayed and I was running out of photo time. Finally his car was spotted. He parked at the far end of the parking lot and got out, wearing his sweats. "Uh Oh," the Bride said and headed over to talk with him. They said a few words then headed off, across the street and disappeared...for a LONG time. The guests had all arrived, the minister was fretting and the photographer had gotten philosophical...he'd already been paid, after all. Finally the Bride and Groom came back, across the street, across the parking lot and into their gang of friends. "Well," the Bride said triumphantly, "I just spent an hour talking a man into marrying me so let's get this show on the road!" Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment