Monday, September 12, 2011

Everyone Loves A Wedding!




I know that we here at Curtis Rhodes Weddings and A Perfect Little Wedding love weddings! And so, it seems, does everyone else! Just the other day we received a last minute call from a couple who were visiting Washington from Nashville, Tennessee. They were staying at the Salish Lodge, had a marriage license and wanted to get married. So Friday evening, Vickie and I drove up to Snoqualamie Falls and met this wonderful couple. We took a few photos around the park and with the falls in the background then, as the sun was setting, thought it was a good time for a ceremony. We went up to the overlook platform, where another couple was enjoying the view. I went to them and said, "Excuse me...." The girl said, "Oh, you want to take some pictures here, we can move."
"No, no," I said. "Actually this couple is about to be married and they need two witnesses. They were hoping you could be their witnesses."
The girls eyes lit up...she raised a fist in the air and yelled, "YES!! We saw you at the Lodge and I just told my boyfriend that you looked so beautiful I really wanted to be a part of your wedding and now I'm going to be the Maid of Honor!! This is fabulous!!"
All the other people up there that night cuddled together and watched as our couple married with their brand new, very happy friends at their sides.
Afterwards we all signed the license and the four of them wandered back to the lodge intending to have dinner together.
It was... a Perfect Little Wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment